Representatives of the civil society and financial experts send to the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova a comprehensive position note, expressing their major reservations concerning the fiscal and capital amnesty, and requesting the withdrawal of the draft laws no. 451 and 452.
The signatories also call for "extensive and transparent consultations with the civil society, development partners, business community and other relevant stakeholders for fundamentally adjusting the respective draft laws, in order to permanently exclude the identified risks, mentioned in the position note, as well as other risks highlighted by other actors".
Among the signatory organizations are:
- the Independent Think-Thank "Expert-Grup"
- the Legal Resources Center from Moldova (CRJM)
- the Association for Efficient and Responsible Governance (AGER)
- Transparency International - Moldova
- the Association for Participatory Democracy (ADEPT)
- the Institute for European Policies and Reforms (IPRE)
- the Centre for Analysis and Prevention of Corruption (CAPC)